Sunday, September 28, 2008

To be filed under "How stupid do they think we are?"

Updated: this seemed more plausible before my second cup of coffee.

I've been doing, not posting, but I had to put this up before I leave for voter registration in NJ. If it happens, we need to demand media accountability.

From Josh Marshall's Talking Points Memo:

"It Would Be Fantastic."

I take everything I read about American politics in the British papers with a grain of salt. But giving what we've seen so far, I can't say I'd be surprised if the moral jalopy that is the McCain-Palin Straight Talk Express sunk us even further into farce with something like this. From the Times of London ...

In an election campaign notable for its surprises, Sarah Palin, the Republican vice- presidential candidate, may be about to spring a new one -- the wedding of her pregnant teenage daughter to her ice-hockey-playing fiancé before the November 4 election.

Inside John McCain's campaign the expectation is growing that there will be a popularity boosting pre-election wedding in Alaska between Bristol Palin, 17, and Levi Johnston, 18, her schoolmate and father of her baby. "It would be fantastic," said a McCain insider. "You would have every TV camera there. The entire country would be watching. It would shut down the race for a week."



1 comment:

Sarah Buttenwieser said...

If this does happen, I will write about it wherever I can. It's just so incredible even as an idea, but you know I think like the original Bristol/Sarah pregnancy scandal it may just be one step over the edge. Let's hope so.